In Orlando, Kissimmee and Central Florida
Obviously, no one expects to be in an auto accident. However, you do experience some risk every time you get in your car. If you find yourself in an accident, there are certain things you need to do immediately to protect your interests and strengthen your auto accident claim.
- The first thing you should do is get out of the car. Although it is small, there is a risk that your car could catch on fire. Do not stay in the car to make sure your personal belongings are still intact. Just get out.
- Do not say anything incriminating. Be sure not to say anything like, “I should have stopped, the light was red,” or, “I’m sorry, I was on the phone and not paying attention.”
- Contact the police immediately. They will ensure that you are okay and help you through the process.
- Get all of the information you can from the other driver. This includes name, phone number, address, insurance provider, insurance policy number, and all other relevant information. Remember to obtain the same information from all of the passengers in the car as well.
- Get all of the information from all of the witnesses. Ask them what they saw and document what they tell you. Remember to get their names, addresses, and phone numbers.
- Take photos or videos of the accident scene and the vehicles. Get these photos from as many angles as possible.
- Get medical attention. Even though you may not have any visible bruises or lacerations, you may have sustained internal injuries or a head injury.
- Finally, contact an experienced Orlando auto accident attorney to help you with your auto accident claim.
For more information on how Orlando auto accident Attorneys at Best Law Firm Florida P.A. can help you recover the financial compensation you deserve for your injuries, call or email us today for your free case evaluation.